Tonight we have pushed out a minor Cloud and Appliance release that includes the following changes/improvements:
Bugfixes and Backend Improvements
- Performance optimised our DNS DPI inspector. This fixes an issue with DNS servers and clients spamming DNS forwarders and this having a negative impact on our appliance
- Performance improvements in Classwize. Response times are less than 2 seconds now.
Features and Improvements
- Users authenticated via a Domain controller or NPS server cannot logout using the autologout.linewize.net url. This prevents users from de-authing themselves in an environment that is not using a fallback captive portal
- Classwize now supports basic reusable classroom policies. This allows teachers to create policy templates for their classroom and enable/disable them for a period of time.
- Classwize policies can be enabled up until an absolute time.
- Classwize now supports blocking an individual website or application.
- Filtered websites can be previewed inside the Surfwize and Classwize interfaces. This makes it easy to identify what a website is without having to visit it on the school network.
- First and last names are pulled from Active Directory on sync and login.
- An hourly breakdown of Application Types/Websites is now available.
Classwize Policy Screenshots
All devices in the stable branch and enabled for automatic updates will update themselves overnight.